Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pentax 67 fisheye on a 4x5 Sinar

Re: Pentax 67 fisheye on a 4x5 Sinar

As previously mentioned that 30mm Arsat is a remarkable fish eye lens, better than most would know or realize. Compared to the 30mm Zeiss Distagon for Hasselblad, the differences are remarkably small. Stopped down to f5.6, the differences are nil center to edge.

Bernice

Another vote for the arsat 30mm. In this case adapted to a pentax 645n. Provia 100

Just sent in an order for a custom lens board to Pacemaker Speed Graphic, with Pentax 67 attachment. I'll let you all know how it works and if it does, I'll talk with the vendor and person who helped with the design about offering them to other users.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Just sent in an order for a custom lens board to Pacemaker Speed Graphic, with Pentax 67 attachment. I'll let you all know how it works and if it does, I'll talk with the vendor and person who helped with the design about offering them to other users.
    We're still waiting (well, I am at least)!

Hey! Sorry, I've lost track of the updates I was supposed to do, but long story short I got the custom lensboard from https://www.instagram.com/lost_light_art/ and it works great. I've posted the results here and on my Instagram.

I use a Speed Graphic for exposing the film with a non-shuttered lens, the 35mm Pentax Fisheye.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I use a Speed Graphic for exposing the film with a non-shuttered lens, the 35mm Pentax Fisheye.
    That's the main drawback to adapting most medium format fisheyes to LF -- the need for a shutter.

Does anyone know of any medium format fisheye lenses -- other than the Mamiya 37mm -- that have a built-in shutter????

http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/gonefishin.pdf

All the Rollei lenses have built in shutter, but it is electronic.

Hypothetically a 'donor' camera could trigger a Rollei lens fitted to a large format camera using the retro-adapter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l300.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	237407

What medium format fisheye lenses did Rollei make/sell?

Here are the MF fisheyes with a built in shutter:
    Kowa 19mm-good luck finding one
    Zeiss F-Distagon 24mm f/3.5 for Hasselblad. Supposedly under 100 made, and many without a shutter.
    Zeiss F-Distagon 30mm f/3.5 in Rollei 600x and Hasselblad mount, although only the Hasselblad version can be controlled from the lens, the Rollei version uses an electronic shutter controlled from the camera body
    Bronica Zenzanon PS 35mm (for 6x6) and PE 30mm (for 6x4.5). Same issue as the Rollei version of the F-Distagon, the shutter is electronically controlled from the camera body. However, I've seen a different SQ lens (IIRC the 50mm) to use a normal Copal 0 leaf shutter-it required a fair bit of modification, but is doable.
    So MF fisheyes with a built in shutter adaptable to a different camera: basically the Zeiss F-Distagon for Hasselblad and the Mamiya are your only off the shelf options.

I bought the Speed Graphic for $150 and tore off the front door so it wasn't in the photo. A shuttered fisheye lens will be more expensive than the Pentax (I think) so IMO the Speed is a good option. Only drawback is having a dedicated camera instead of being able to use it whenever on your normal camera. Usually the fisheye is not a 'spur of the moment' lens, so this has not been a problem for me.

That said if someone gave me a Mamiya 37mm with the hood removed I'd happily use it on my Shen Hao or whatever. I missed one on eBay a few years ago around $450. I think they are double that now.