Thread: Anyone in NE Massachusetts or southern NH USA with a Canham Wood 4x5/5x7?

Do or do not. There is no try.

Anyone in NE Massachusetts or southern NH USA with a Canham Wood 4x5/5x7?

It looks like I'll be retiring for the third time (this time for good) in a few months so it's time to revive one of my dream projects - building a 7x11 wood field camera. I haven't decided yet whether I to have the bellows permanently attached or removable and would like to see how the Canham bellows are attached/retained although the odds are I'll ultimately go with a fixed bellows because I'm not a wide-angle kind of guy. Is there anyone in my area I could meet up with some time to have a look and maybe make a few phone snaps?

Please drop me a PM or, preferably, an email.

Re: Anyone in NE Massachusetts or southern NH USA with a Canham Wood 4x5/5x7?

Although I left your neck of the woods about 50 years ago, I'd be glad to send you photos that might help you out. Only problem is I don't have a Canham. But I bet there are some folks from around the world that would send you shots if you asked -- probably taken with a digital camera, though.

Do or do not. There is no try.

Re: Anyone in NE Massachusetts or southern NH USA with a Canham Wood 4x5/5x7?

Yes, photos would be useful if I can’t have one in hand to examine. But I hold out hope for the real thing.