I'm starting to get back into a number of projects and have been putting off building a proper darkroom since we bought our home in Dec 2019. Now is the time! I'm gonna try to document the build along the way and figured that it could be useful to others to see my process and how it comes together (planning on posting here and the Photrio/Apug forum). Experience has also shown that the community here is also always a great source of feedback and ideas. I'll plan to post here periodically with updates as I make progress. There are a million ways to build a darkroom and I'm doing this with a bit of a budget in mind and with minimal advanced carpentry/plumbing/electrical/etc skills. I'm also basing my build on my own needs (which I'm sure differ from many other people) so none of it is meant to be scripture but I hope it's useful to others who may want to build their own. I'll no doubt also have questions and would appreciate your insights and wisdom. If you have ideas along the way, please share. I won't be able to incorporate everything but I'm sure there will be great ideas I haven't thought of.

Here is my first video discussing the construction of the sink which is of medium size (I'm working with limited space so couldn't do full size) and is made of lumber from your common home improvement store. The internal dimensions of the sink is 60"x25 which lets me fit two 20x24 trays when needed and more when working at smaller sizes. The sink will be epoxy sealed using West Systems two-part epoxies which are my preference when needing to get a really high quality long lasting waterproof seal like I'll need in this case:

Youtube Video - https://youtu.be/3eGZprBwoEI