Thread: Custom parts for lens adapters, etc.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hacker extraordinaire

Custom parts for lens adapters, etc.

Over the past few years I have set myself up with the ability to machine small aluminum parts, mostly parts that can be made on a lathe. I can also do anodizing and 3D printing. I attached some pictures of previous work, mostly bicycle parts. I would like to add some camera parts to my "portfolio", strictly for free, so if anyone needs LF-related items made or 3D printed, I would be interested in trying to make the parts or discuss techniques to make them. I have found 3D printing very helpful when dealing with obsolete camera and darkroom parts and the costs are quite cheap now. Laser cutting service is also getting quite economical nowadays and opens up a lot of opportunities that used to be impractical. The picture of the laced hub for example, the round parts were made on a lathe. The sprocket was laser-cut and finished on a lathe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PXL_20210118_171235525~2.jpg   20210902_172946-COLLAGE.jpg   PXL_20210729_042756967.PORTRAIT~2.jpg   DSC_6255.jpg  
    Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do.
    --A=B by Petkovšek et. al.