I have also tried a grow tent before but also had a lot of problems with light leaks and poor quality. They can work well for a fixed installation, but they are too fragile for use in the field. That black exterior is indeed a shame, hopefully it will be a commercial success and a second version will be released soon. Painting the outside also doesn't seem like a good stable solution that will work well for a long time. I've secretly been waiting for a ready-made tent for wet plates for a while, because this is still my biggest obstacle to start with wet plates. If there are no major problems from the reviews I will definitely purchase one. I have photographed everything around my house often enough and I hardly do portrait photography, so developing on location is a must.

I am not familiar with those rescue blankets and only know them from TV, are they reusable? Otherwise, I don't think it's really a sustainable solution. I was mainly thinking about putting a large fitted bed sheet over it. For wet plate photography I already need a cart to carry everything with me, then that will probably no longer be a problem.