Thread: Kodak e6 replenishing - How to?

Kodak e6 replenishing - How to?

I have lots of e6 Kodak chemistry that came with a used Jobo Atl2500 that I recently bought. I've mixed everything up and ran some tests and my transparencies look fine. However, at this point I’m using the chemicals as one-shot because I don’t understand how to take advantage of the replenishing aspect of this chemistry.

Could someone kindly explain how I go about it? Can I add replenisher to used chemistry from all steps then re-use it? And if so how do I figure out how much to add. How do I know when the chemistry is so bad that I have to re-mix from scratch again or will it never go bad?

Any response appreciated,

Kodak e6 replenishing - How to?

Dear Paul,

As the Jobo is an rotation machine, it is best to use the products as an one shot process.
    Due to the rotation a lot of air (= oxigen) is 'mixed' with the products, so there is an consererable oxidation.
    I sugest you use the 5 liter 'kodak single use chemistry kit for E-6 processing' (U.S. version CAT 107 7643 or URO version CAT 523 6763).
    This kit is developed specialy for the rotation mashines like the JOBO or the Colenta witsh I use.
    For further info look at the Kodak website for the kodak publications nr Z-119 and J- 83 and Z-7, these are free downloads.
    Replenishing is not my cup of tea...

Philippe

P.S. Sorry for my pigeon English