Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Format Channels on YouTube

Re: Large Format Channels on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by jmdavis View Post
    did you watch it.
    No, as far as I'm concerned, that video is unwatchable. A fair amount of work has gone into making this thread, most recently today from someone who took the time to code all of the channel names. Hopefully you now get what the thread is about, in particular that it isn't your personal playground to vent about YouTube, and that your personal approval has nothing to do with whether a channel is listed. There's no shortage of YouTube "critics" elsewhere on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Are you volunteering?
    I guess I did

Many thanks to @Dan6077 for doing the coding to make the channel names into links to the channels

You are very welcome

On another note………
    How can we go about making this a sticky post so it does not get lost with the passage of time?

Dan6077

A number off people have expressed interest in turning the YouTube channel names in post #1 into links to the channels. Forum participant @Dan6077 has contributed the time necessary to do just that. My personal thanks, and I'm sure that of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan6077 View Post
    On another note………
    How can we go about making this a sticky post so it does not get lost with the passage of time?

Dan6077
    Good question. I imagine that the moderators are aware of this thread, and the views, and posts here and elsewhere on the forum, suggest that there's interest in having this list available.

I've moved the thread to "Resources" and made it a sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    No, as far as I'm concerned, that video is unwatchable. A fair amount of work has gone into making this thread, most recently today from someone who took the time to code all of the channel names. Hopefully you now get what the thread is about, in particular that it isn't your personal playground to vent about YouTube, and that your personal approval has nothing to do with whether a channel is listed. There's no shortage of YouTube "critics" elsewhere on the forum.
    I guess that you will never learn Meyerowitz's contemporaneous thoughts from 1981. No skin off my nose. Perhaps the entire concept of criticism is lost upon you. But critique and criticism aren't someones "personal playground to vent about YouTube." They are a method of learning taught in the best art schools in the country. That doesn't make all criticism equal. However, I'm not venting about anything. There will be people who read this topic who will need to apply "critical" thought to what they are hearing on some of those channels because the people on those channels (regardless of their number of subscribers) are at the beginning of the learning process. I have watched the vast majority, because I am interested in both ideas and narrative.

As a matter of fact, I have not only watched many of these photographers, I have made donations, bought prints, and taken classes as I return to LF after a decade hiatus. If mastery of craft is important I would think that the below might be included.

Greg Davis of the Naked Photographer Great technical videos, film comparisons, print and chemisty tutorials, RA4 etc.

Kim Weston Kim Weston Particular attention should be paid to the Brett Weston discussion by Kim, Randy Efros, and John Sexton along with the short tutorials on mounting prints.

Celebration of the Black and White Print: an Epson series
    Kim Weston: Celebrating the Black and White Print

John Sexton: Celebrating the Black and White Print

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Thanks Oren. Between @Dan6077's new channel links in post #1 and the move, lookin' good

Further to a post from @Hugo Zhang, I've added Aperture Foundation to the list in post #1, and a new category - Organisations - to accommodate it. Also, just want to note again that all of the channel names in post #1 are now links to the channel on YouTube, thanks to @Dan6077.

I for one love youtube

I use it many times a day

I have a small offering of videos

I made a video collage slideshow as tribute to Mother

There is a video about damn near anything

Rumour of change coming
    Tin Can