Hola! I've just finished a week on Hwy 1 from Hearst to SF. Mostly camping but I did take my 8x10, pelican cases, a wagon, and a tripod that is heavy enough to do bench presses with.

I'm not really a landscape kinda guy, but I had an opportunity to shoot something by the ocean south of Half Moon Bay. And it was windier than Chicago politics. I didn't think much of it, since I rarely do this kinda of stuff, but only when I saw my meter give me something like 8 seconds f/45 on my "box of chocolate, never know what shutter speeds work on my Wolly 159mm that's older than anything I got. I was looking at my ancient Kodak MasterView 8x10 on the heavy tripod and I can see it vibrate a little.

What worked for me, was I have an old bike inner tube, tied it to the rear standard, and tied it to a railing. Then removed the dark slide, hugged the camera like an old GF that I haven't seen in 2 years and probably will never again, and hit the shutter release for I think somewhere between 2 sec and 8 sec.

Wondering what you all do?