I call them keepers

Shoot one
    Tin Can

Re: Wollensack Velostigmat 12" - your judgement please

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I have few lenses that look like that

I call them keepers

Shoot one
    Haha. I will! Really! Me to. My most favorite lens is much much worse in terms of condition. In this case I`m bit nervous because I wanted to try how Velostigmats (without additional effects) work.

I agree with the OP ... the lens is not fairly described ... it is clearly not in "lovely condition" and doesn't suffer from "a few cleaning streaks"

... and, if OP decides to resell it ... it will be hard to do with an accurate photo and condition listed.

That being said ... I'm with Tin Can ... shoot it ... including a shot into the sun ... and see if you want to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Graves View Post
    I agree with the OP ... the lens is not fairly described ... it is clearly not in "lovely condition" and doesn't suffer from "a few cleaning streaks"

... and, if OP decides to resell it ... it will be hard to do with an accurate photo and condition listed.

That being said ... I'm with Tin Can ... shoot it ... including a shot into the sun ... and see if you want to keep it.
    Thanks. Sure i will. I have a hard time when selling lenses. I keep most... The condition of this one makes it is not Vello, but it doesnt mean it could not produce great pisc - just not like decent condition Vello.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

“Lovely shape” is like “mint” = advertising words with no real metrics in this arena. If that alone was the condition description…

I actually saved this auction to see what it would go for. I knew that Jim loves a little more "character" in his lenses than I wanted, so I passed. Sorry you weren't happy.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsydog View Post
    A nice version would cost double in this market.
    I've seen this posted a few times and don't get it. I recently got one in a Betax shutter and much nicer condition for $450, which seems about average for most of the "sold" auctions. I see people *asking* for 600, 700 and up, I don't see them selling for that. They're just waiting hoping a whale comes along and really wants one.

Quote Originally Posted by gnd2 View Post
    I actually saved this auction to see what it would go for. I knew that Jim loves a little more "character" in his lenses than I wanted, so I passed. Sorry you weren't happy.

I've seen this posted a few times and don't get it. I recently got one in a Betax shutter and much nicer condition for $450, which seems about average for most of the "sold" auctions. I see people *asking* for 600, 700 and up, I don't see them selling for that. They're just waiting hoping a whale comes along and really wants one.
    I did not know who the seller is untill I have got customs docs. I was sure the lens would be fine as I have seen several posts from buyers of his lenses. They said the condition of their lenses was better than described.

OK. Thanks for your comments.
    It looks like those who know the seller are ready to be more gentle in their opinions. I understand this.

I didn't mean to sound like you don't have a reason to be unhappy, I just didn't want to get into the judgement debate and was trying to remain neutral (may not have succeeded there). I can totally understand you not knowing who the seller was and not being satisfied. I was just fortunate that I had connected the dots a while back. In your shoes I would be dissatisfied as well and feel you are justified in returning it.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    OK. Thanks for your comments.
    It looks like those who know the seller are ready to be more gentle in their opinions. I understand this.
    I’m not convinced of this.

In terms of proactiveness, have you contacted the seller; what is his position?