Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Tripod Setup for Tight Spaces

Re: A Tripod Setup for Tight Spaces

Quote Originally Posted by joelynnpamplin View Post
    Hello, r.e.! Thank you for sharing with us your experience using the multiple tripods and monopods for filming the youtube/TikTok videos.
    Interesting choice for a first post on this forum. Where did you get the idea that one needs different support gear for video and still photography? You see the tripod head in the photos below? It's the Miller fluid head in the photos earlier in this thread, and my preferred head for 4x5 and 8x10. As the title of this thread says, in tight spaces I'll also go with something like a ground tripod, as discussed and shown above, in a second. You appear to think that that's odd. Why?

My 4x5 with Bag Bellows

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0915.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	225365

Configured for 8x10

Name:	IMG_1012.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	225366

Miller makes some of the Best tripods and tripod heads on the market for ANY camera.
    https://www.millertripods.com/en/tripod-systems.html

Good tripods/tripod heads are NOT specific to camera type, they are specific to a camera support need/requirement. To think/believe "still camera" tripods are to be used for "still cameras" is absolute non-sense.

Current outdoor fave is a modified composite Dutch Hill surveyor's tripod with Bolex level ball and Sinar pan-tilt head. Stable, utterly rugged and abusable with no regrets, easy to set up and adjust as needed.

Name:	Dutch Hill_Bolex, Sinar pan-tilt.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	225367

Name:	Dutch Hill_Bolex up.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	225368

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by joelynnpamplin View Post
    Hello, r.e.! Thank you for sharing with us your experience using the multiple tripods and monopods for filming the youtube/TikTok videos.

My Benbo is good at odd places with 35mm

http://www.patersonphotographic.com/...ochure-002.pdf
    Tin Can

I would never trust m y very small and lightweight 4x5 Ikeda to such a setup. Much less the 8x10 or 5x12.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    I would never trust m y very small and lightweight 4x5 Ikeda to such a setup. Much less the 8x10 or 5x12.
    If you're talking about the photo in post #1, what that rig gives one is a lot of the mobility of a handheld 4x5 Graflex with significantly more stability and no camera weighing you down. If desired, there's nothing preventing one from having a hand on the rig the whole time. See post #7 for additional info on the components and caveats. The 4x5 that I've used it with is in the first photo in post #22. The camera weighs about 2.5kg plus the lens. With some common sense, I don't think that this setup is in the least bit risky.