I'll figure out what it is when I shoot the film and process the negatives but if someone knows what the notch code is for Rollei Infrared sheet film I'd like to add that to my notebook. I haven't shot any yet. I need to either get a filter or use a lens that the filter I have fits. I think I need to switch to the Z holder I used with digital.

On another note, the great film experiment... ok not so great... but an experiment nonetheless, is about to begin. I got tired of having 4x5 and 8x10 equipment laying around so I dusted it all off and I have started shooting film again, almost. First legit LF shoot is tomorrow afternoon and then late next week in Big Bend NP for a few days. I may use the 8x10 but I may just warm up with a 4x5 and at least the $pain won't be as bad if I screw up. <-- crappy logic... I'll screw up. It might not be this week or next week but it'll happen some day. I need to adjust my mind to shooting the 8x10 when it's time not out of fear of messing up a sheet of $film.

The first thing I did was check my 4x5 film holders for film (12 of them). No way would I leave film in 12 holders for 4 or 5 years... ok... The first dark slide that I slid open revealed a sheet of film I quickly slid the dark slide closed so the film is fine. (said no one ever)
Ok... it's not fine. I pulled the sheet out.
It's got to be Delta 100 because that's all that I was shooting a few years ago.
I checked the notch code.
Looks like Ilford changed it.
No... no they didn't.
It's HP5+. Ok... so all of the holders must have HP5+ in them?
Stay tuned.

I used to put exposure cards in the each pocket of the RPT (now PhotoBackpacker?) and that told me what the film was and how/if it was shot. One holder per pocket, 2 cards, one for each sheet. The first three pockets didn't have a card in them which is why I "ass"umed that the holder was empty.

Pocket #4 of 6 has an exposure card with the film holder. It's filled out, for Portra 160 (notice... not black and white and how that contradicts the bold-faced and underlined text above). But only one card and the holder number and side that was exposed isn't marked on the card. All of my holders are marked A1/A2, B1/B2, etc) so I can "ass"ume that I started with side one, in this case holder G, side 1. I have 12 holders, possibly all full of unknown, for now, film.

I used to stick to my system pretty well so I think it's safe to "ass"ume that all but one sheet of the Portra 160 hasn't been shot. I don't have to assume how it was stored. 60 - 80 degrees depending on what time of year it was and if I was home. Next step...

This is what I think I did when I loaded the holders in the #2 RPT- I think I loaded HP5+ in the first three holders and Portra 160 in the last three holders. I know I <--
I think, maybe, could be, pretty sure that each holder has the same type of film in it in the first three pockets and the same film in the 2nd three pockets. #1 RPT? Who knows. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be empty (ie no old, exposed, or ruined film). There are no filled out exposure cards in #1 RPT.

I need to put the holders in the tent, open each one and feel for the notch code, put a pencil in my nose and write the code down... erasing is not going to go very well... maybe I'll rely on my tack sharp memory... if I can remember what it is I'm talking about.

I need to look back through my scans and see if any of those made it to platinum palladium prints. That was my first not-so-dark room experience. I'm pretty sure I didn't post any of them.

I may try Pt/PD again. I think that if I sold my house, pickup, and the neighbors dog I could buy 25ml of Pd... Lordy I need a darkroom... I have most of the "stuff"...