Thread: Chromega II D Timer Question

Chromega II D Timer Question

I just received a Chromega II head and power supply I got pretty cheaply. It appears to be in very good condition. I intend to use it for variable contrast paper - I'm not happy with the way my cold light works with VC.

However, there is no timer. The current Chromegatrol seems to incorporate the power supply as well as the timer. Apparently, mine is an older model since the power supply is separate. The power supply seems to work since I get a pilot light showing when I turn on the power.

The power supply has "in" and "out" sockets for the timer that must turn the halogen bulb off and on, so simply plugging the power supply into another timer does not seem to be the answer. Is it possible to rig a timer such as my current Metrolux, or do I have to find the appropriate Omega timer for this unit?

If searching is the answer, that's OK, I can continue to print on graded paper .

Are the plugs custom? My Durst power supply has in/out but you just plug in a standard timer into it. If you call/e-mail KHB they might have the Omega unit in stock. For sure they'll know the correct answer.

http://www.khbphotografix.com/

There are two current version, the chromegatrol (which incorporates the timer), and the standard power supply model (that does not). I believe the standard power supply comes with a power cable that you can plug directly into a timer and the "in" socket. I'm not sure why you would have to "rig" it, except to find a short drop cord to replace that power cable if it is missing. I would give that a try.

There is a small timer designed to sit on top the standard power supply. A special connector goes in the small threaded hole in the top.

The timer bridges the IN and OUT outlets on the upper rear corners of the power supply. It has two power cords, one male, one female, that connect to the upper rear corners. Any timer will serve the same function. Plug the timer power supply into the female connector. Then use an extension cord to go from the female enlarger recepticle to the other rear corner.

It won`t look nice like the matching set, but it will work.

Same set for Chromega C.

Thanks, Ronald. That sounds like the answer I was looking for.