Different styles of cameras have different strengths and were designed for different purposes.

Handheld 4x5? Get a press camera with rangefinder.
Interior architecture with ultra-wide lenses? Get a full-featured monorail with precision movements and interchangeable bellows.
Hiking/backpacking in rough terrain? Get a lightweight wooden folder and compact lenses.

You get the idea. Before you decide which camera you want, really think about how you want to use it. That will guide your decision.

"Hybrid" styles like the Master Technika or the other metal folders (and some full-featured wooden cameras) try to hit the middle ground between the flexibility and precision of a top-notch monorail and the field camera. The trade-offs are weight, flexibility, speed of operation; heavier than field cameras, less flexible than a monorail, slower than both. Sometimes these fit the bill just fine. I'd never carry one in the field, though...

FWIW, my Wista DXs fold with smaller lenses inside. I can even get the 240mm f/9 Fujinon A squeezed in on the old-style ones.

Most cameras will work in most situations. However, if you have any "special needs," you need to consider them in your choice.
Ask yourself if you need:

A really long bellows for lenses 300mm and up (a common 12" bellows will accommodate up to 240mm lenses well, even a 300mm on a top-hat board; longer than that and you need a telephoto lens or a much longer bellows).

Capacity for really wide lenses coupled with lots of movements (think interior architecture, etc.). A wide-angle bellows or interchangeable (or universal-style) bellows are really, really nice if you need lots of movement capability with lenses 90mm and shorter.

Lots of movements or not, and just what movements you consider essential (e.g., for me, I would never own a camera without some shift capability, plus I need front rise and swings/tilts of some kind on both standards). Also, be aware that most folding cameras come with base tilts only. If you really want/need axis tilts (I don't) look for models that have that as a feature.

A Graflok back for accessories. If so, then be sure the camera you get has one (many wooden folders don't).

A really lightweight camera. If so, you will need to compromise on features a bit. If you plan on just unpacking things from your car and carrying your equipment just a few feet to the shoot, then weight isn't an issue, so go for the full-featured models and bigger lenses. If you need the lightest possible kit, wooden and compact is the way to go along with compact lenses in the non-extreme focal lengths.

New, used, expensive, cheap, etc.

Finally, ask yourself which compromises you are willing to make. Every camera involves a compromise of some kind.

Best of luck and welcome back to the film world,

Doremus