Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
I’m not a “computer guy” so I feel like I’m being tricked.
What's a "computer guy?"

I have no formal training in IT. My parents bought a computer when I was a youngster and I learned to do some very basic coding in BASIC just for fun when I was about 12. Built my first PC at 15, and made a career out of AV with heavy usage of audiovisual software like the Adobe suite ever since and used to do a lot of consulting and occasionally custom computer builds for others. Whilst I wasn't born yet, I hear that many folks used to develop film at home back in the mid 20th century just because it was cheaper and convenient, even if they weren't "photographers." You don't have to be steeped in IT and professional computing to understand what you want or need from a computer system.

Sorry, I've always been bothered by that term/label. It evokes the derogatory "nerd" or "geek" labels bandied about in my youth. Of course these days those monikers are often badges of pride for some. Personally, I just want good computing power at a value price, so I learned how to build them for that reason - not because I cared all that much about it.