When I go on vacation I alway’s took my Fujifilm GA645Zi or the 4x5, except for last year when I whent to the French Pyrenees. The Fujifilm is not reliable anymore and I had no idea if I could carry the 4x5 into the mountains.
So I took my Bronica SQ-A with Portra 160 for metering I have used the Light Meter App (ISO 100) on my iPhone or the Sunny 16 rule, result a lot of underexposed shadows because of the harsh light :-(

I ‘m going back this year and if the conditions are the same about 33° or more the 4x5 stays probably at home, there are not a lot of places in a short walking distance that are interesting enough to carry 12kg around in those conditions. Yes I’m getting older a few hours on flat terrain in normal temperatures is no problem.

With hiking of about 8 to 12 hours in hot temperatures I’ll like to keep my gear to the minimum, and with several people taking your time to do a proper meeting is not always appreciated.

So I’m thinking about options: use a default exposure of f8 and 125”, meter with ISO 80 and use the Seiconic on shorter walks when I’m alone….
If anyone has beter/other ideas

And now hunt for 15 rolls of Portra 160 as almost every store is out of stock here