Page 16 of 129 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital IR

Re: Digital IR

Peter & Tuco:

Those are some very nice photos you both posted recently ... nicely seen and captured!
    JG

More of my photos can be seen at my photo-blog here: https://audiidudii.aminus3.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Audii-Dudii View Post

Those are some very nice photos you both posted recently...

DIY modified, full-spectrum ... Hoya R72 | ISO 100 and 1/40 @ f8
    Thanks.

My Hoya R72 advertises a filter factor of 4.0 (2-stops) on the back of its case. Using it on my camera is like using a NDX400 (9-stop) ND filter. But seeing your exposure on a full-spectrum camera its within a couple of stops faster than the Sunny 16 Rule assuming a 2-stop correction for an overcast day, 1-stop for low morning Sun altitude and the 2-stop filter factor to the rule. That's not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Audii-Dudii View Post
    Peter & Tuco:

Those are some very nice photos you both posted recently ... nicely seen and captured!
    Thanks, Jeffrey. I'm getting a bit better at it.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

“You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

I like the 2nd one Peter.

Evergreen Cemetery by tuco, on Flickr

Evergreen Cemetery by tuco, on Flickr

M9, Zeiss 25mm, Hoya R72

Thanks, Tuco. Really well done with the ziggurat photo. The framing is excellent, particularly the shadow along the bottom. Your M9 photos are definitely sharper than my D600 ones.

Peter and Tuco, nice images! Peter, you seem to have an endless supply of old buildings with great character to photograph.

With my Nikon D700, I had it converted to focus with the Live View. That allows me to use all of my lenses, since the focusing is done on the sensor. Trouble is, it seems I always have to use a tripod. With my other converted cameras, I selected a specific lens to use with the camera. I could then hand hold the camera and focus normally through the viewfinder. If I focus through the viewfinder on the converted D700, the focus seems to be off.

There is a way to hand hold the D700 using live view, but it does not focus via the sensor. It uses the same focus method that is used if you were using the viewfinder/mirror.

The manual says that focus may not work for live view in tripod mode if the camera is not on a tripod. Well, of course I had to test this. After a bit of trial and error here is what I got:

f/8 1/4000 sec 5000 ISO 70 mm

f/14 1/1250 sec 5000 ISO 70 mm

24-70 f2.8 IF EX DG Sigma

I jacked up the ISO to get some 'grain', and handle my sometime shaky hands.

A couple from the other day in Seattle.

Nikon D800 full spectrum:
    B&W with PC-E 24mm, B+W 093 filter
    Color (stitched) 55/3.5 Micro AI'd, Kolari IR Chrome filter.

Edit: thanks Jon for the formatting info!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AB_210706_IR_038.jpg   AB_210706_IR_041.jpg  
    Last edited by alan_b; 10-Jul-2021 at 16:44.

When I clicked on your images, I got the large image. I then right clicked on that image and selected: "Open image in new tab". Finally, I copied the URL of that image that appeared in the new tab. Started a new message. Selected the 'Insert Image' icon, and clicking on the 'URL tab', and then pasting the URL into the line, and deselecting the check box.

By the way, nice image!

Interesting stuff, Jon and Alan!

I visited Whitnall Park in Hales Corners for the first time today. At this point of the summer, the waterfall, well, here it is: