Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
Jon,

Thanks for your comment.

I had the same problem working in bright conditions with a converted D800, and solved it with a similar solution to your viewfinder. But it is hard to find one that fits well and does not get knocked off easily.

One of the solutions is to photograph just before or after the sun rises or goes down. IR light is also very beautiful in these conditions. The attached images of palmettos was madey just a few minutes before the sun went down. I also like to photograph palmettos back lighted in full sun, it is really a spectacular look on the LCD.

Sandy
That is a nice image. I have shot infrared in subdued light as well. Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't. I still have not found the key.

I did look at the Nikon z6 for a possible full spectrum candidate before I got the D810. But in the end, the cost would have been higher for a lower MP camera. I was also not comfortable using a plastic FTZ for my expensive lenses, and I could not afford to replace them with Z equivalents. Maybe in another life. I must work with what I can afford, even if it would be nice to have mirrorless and an EVF.