Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone miss the flame wars?

Anyone miss the flame wars?

When we all respect each others opinions, state our direct experiences and how we have arrived at them and stay on point (not letting the discussion get personal) we are all better for it and it is the reason that we tune in. Plus the odds are pretty good that we will learn something in the process.

In any event, I have a bottle of the bubbly for when my TMY arrives.

Long live LF!

Cheers

Dave Karp

Yup. It sure is great.

I don't do ULF and probably never will do ULF. I really like HP5+, never did like TMAX400. Nevertheless, I have seen some wonderful photographs made with TMAX400, and I have proved repeatedly that it is possible to make a bad photograph with any kind of film. No matter what, that film thread is very interesting. It is always good to see what other photographers are thinking, what they are using, and how they are using it. You never know when you might get a lead on a "magic bullet." But that's another thread entirely . . . .

Actually Tim I think my 'Schneider Only' thread stirred more _____. I wasn't counting the flame wars I've STARTED. Only other people's. Notice I haven't had any blurts lately. I've learned to husband my rescources.

Nuke 'em. The nasty threads I mean.

Regardless of how hostile and rude some on this list can be at times, this demonstrates that most everyone here has good sense of humor as well.....

BTW, how does one follow a thread, without replying to it? Or is that not possible?

The 135mm APO-Necronomicon - isn't that the lens that Witkin prefers, right?

I was thinking of going to Guanajuato, Mexico, to photograph some of the bodies at the Museo de las Momias, and I was thinking that if that lens was good enough for Witkin, it should be good enough for me.

BTW - does anyone here know if I can find a 135mm APO-Necronomicon in Mexico, or should I get one here. And does the APO one give more life to the dead, or should I stick with the older, uncoated 135mm Necronomicon?

Kirk

"BTW - does anyone here know if I can find a 135mm APO-Necronomicon in Mexico, or should I get one here. And does the APO one give more life to the dead, or should I stick with the older, uncoated 135mm Necronomicon? "

Don't know about the lens, but if you were to advertise locally you might be able to locate a 135 lb necrophiliac. Depending on the size of your market sample of course. Such a person would certainly present you with many unique photograhic opportunities in the mummy museum in Guanjuato.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

What kind of F-ing stupid-A$$ moronic question is this?

*huge grin*
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

A lens... for bodies? You need a docter.

Uh oh... delusions of Grandeurgon...