Many years ago I broke the gg in my 5x7 camera. Too much wind, not enough weight. I tried making a new one using many different grits and types of grit. Whenever I got one that was really sharp and bright, I could see the iris as a bright spot. So I gave up and bought one from a reputable camera manufacturer which was fine, not too sharp, pretty even image as gg’s go so I lived with it. But. Now I would like to change it having used my 4x5 for a time and realizing that the image is Much sharper and even. It happens to have an old Bill Maxwell screen so I contacted Bill to see if he could also make a similar screen for my 5x7. He told me that he had changed his screen quite a bit and that it was much brighter but the angle of view from behind the camera was very narrow. I asked him if he could make one of the older style screens for me and that he would send me a quote. That was several months ago and several emails ago so I assume that he has either stopped making screens or doesn’t want to make the older version.
Any ideas for a new screen that would be sharp and even over a large range of lens focal lengths?
Thanks