Hello friends,

After a year of getting a 4x5 and learning how to use it properly, I moved onto DSLR scanning using my Sony a7R IV and learned all about scanning, and now I've finally come to printing, something that I'm woefully undereducated about. I'm finding myself clueless among all the different types and brands of printers and don't really know where to start. And, my god, the paper choices are endless and has my head spinning!

That said, can any of you experts recommend any good new or used photo printers that can print rolls that are 44", 60", to 64" wide?

I have a slight preference for the 60" and 64" inch wide printers, simply because I have many works that I'd like to print at that larger size, which I think would be far more cost effective than farming it out to a 3rd party fine art printing service. Nonetheless, I still would be more than happy with a 44" printer. I have saved about $5K specifically for this printer endeavor. I'd be using it frequently for my fine art work photography (and only photography), which is why it would make more sense for me to purchase a good (likely used) large format printer. If it somehow helps narrow the choices down, my photographs are almost all exclusively in color (even though I have many in B&W that I'd love to print at a much larger scale). As far as paper is concerned, I would like to print it on a luster or semi-gloss paper, or ideally any paper that can be bonded to a plexiglas or Diasec front for extra stability, especially if it's a very large print.

Anyway, any suggestions are very welcome. Many thanks!