Thread: SEI Exposure Photometer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SEI Exposure Photometer

You can't imagine what a valuable resource this site is for people like me who have very little knowledge or expertise in the photography world. Thank you! I'm still working my way through this rather large collection of vintage photography gear (cameras, lenses, meters, etc.) that belonged to the father of a friend (Ken Howell). Today I pulled out a nice leather case that held a SEI exposure photometer in it and I've since learned it was made in the late 1940's to the 1960's which fits in with the rest of the collection.

It looks like it is a pretty technical piece of equipment. I went to examine the battery and discovered that the battery sleeve/tube and bulb are missing. I'm guessing that Ken removed it at some point to prevent a corrosion issue. It may well be in this collection somewhere but I have been unable to locate the sleeve. In looking online it appears that this is such a technical piece of equipment made 60-80 years ago that parts are difficult or impossible to find. I was hoping someone reading this post could point me in the right direction. I am assuming it will be hard to sell without the battery. Thanks again in advance! Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 900-276 (1).jpg   900-276 (2).jpg   900-276 (3).jpg   900-276 (4).jpg