Thread: Wista 45RF Rangefinder Question

Wista 45RF Rangefinder Question

Hello, I have a Wista 45RF and I have a question.

I have set the infinity for the rangefinder and the lens I am using. My issue is that the rangefinder images are slightly vertically offset (always). I used the screw on the back of the rangefinder to get the proper alignment of the double image side to side, but I don't know how to adjust so that the images are on the same plane. Does anyone have a service manual for this camera? If not, can someone explain how to get the lens selector knob off so I can remove the rangefinder housing and try to adjust from the inside? Or, is there another way to adjust so the two images are on the same plane?

Thanks,

Edwin

Re: Wista 45RF Rangefinder Question

What lenses are you using?

I think they must be the WISTA OE RF set
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    What lenses are you using?

I think they must be the WISTA OE RF set

I am using a Fuji 150 F5.6. The Wista has built in cams for 135, 150, and 180mm. The lens seems to focus fine from infinity down to about 5 feet. I didn't try any closer...just called it good enough. Focus works, and the two images merge vertically when in focus, this is confirmed on the ground glass. The issue is that the two images in the rangefinder never line up on the horizontal...one image is always slightly above the other. This is not an issue if I have a vertical line in the image to focus on. But, If I want to say.....focus on an eye or a nose, focusing becomes very challenging because although they will line up vertically, I always have two images, one above the other. I am trying to figure out how to adjust the horizontal plane of the rangefinder images.

Live with it

Nothing is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by edhaeuser1 View Post
    I am using a Fuji 150 F5.6. The Wista has built in cams for 135, 150, and 180mm. The lens seems to focus fine from infinity down to about 5 feet. I didn't try any closer...just called it good enough. Focus works, and the two images merge vertically when in focus, this is confirmed on the ground glass. The issue is that the two images in the rangefinder never line up on the horizontal...one image is always slightly above the other. This is not an issue if I have a vertical line in the image to focus on. But, If I want to say.....focus on an eye or a nose, focusing becomes very challenging because although they will line up vertically, I always have two images, one above the other. I am trying to figure out how to adjust the horizontal plane of the rangefinder images.
    Tin Can