Having a go at this technique but struggling. Done lots of research and watched plenty of videos so I kind of know what to expect, but something isn’t right.

So, got a relatively low contrast image as recommended in some places, printed it flat. Foma 113 bo paper developed with adox neutrol. Fixed with pure hypo, washed and hypo cleared with 2% sodium sulphate solution. Bleached back with bleach tanner-
5% Sulphuric acid
60g coppersulphate
60g potassium bromide
5g potassium dichromate

Stock bleach tanner diluted 1:9 for use. Matrix then dichromate cleared with sodium metabisulphate. Matrix fixed with pure hypo. Matrix fully washed. Matrix dried. Matrix soaked for twenty mins.

Matrix placed on flat surface and excess water blotted off so matrix surface damp but no droplets.

Litho ink used on hoof shaped stipple brush.

This is where issue is, there doesn’t seem to be any distinction between light and dark areas in the gelatine. The image is fractionally there, fractionally. But when stippling it is Fiendishly hard to achieve ANY contrast. Many times impossible. Everything I have seen the ink takes to the dark areas (little gelatine) quite simply, resoaking allows contrast to be built.

I’m just not getting the image, there is no differentiation in the gelatine apparently. I also got random artefacts in the one image I have managed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FFA16A39-6FCC-44BC-95F2-BE4A1A71D2EA.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	213321

Original image