Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Efke PL100 7x17 film does not fit my holders !!!

Efke PL100 7x17 film does not fit my holders !!!

I just measured the length of several different types of 7X17" film I have on hand, including FP4+, HP5+, and TRI-X, and it is all seems to be approximately 16 29/32" X 6 29/32".

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Sandy, Ilford and Kodak just may have a little better quality control than Efke/Adox and the Jand C films from eastern europe. Maybe it is something John at JandC should be made aware of.

Sandy.

Exactly as you said, the film fits perfectly well now after guiding it under the lip at the end of the holder. I never knew of this lip and never looked for such a thing either (too used to my 8x10 holders which don`t have that, I guess). My other film ("rebranded" FP4 and HP5) did fit because it is that much shorter than the PL100 and will fit without having to sit under the lip.

In any case, file this one in the "learn something new every day" category and I profusely apologize if I in any way unduely tainted your wonderful S&S holders.

Cheers and thanks again for guiding me in the right direction.

Hi Daniel,

I was fairly certain that the problem was that the film was not going under the lip. Apparently some of the European films tend to curl up at the ends and will not go under the lip unless you press down with your hand at that point when loading. I say apparently because someone else contacted me about the same problem in early December. I also have had the same problem myself with some of the 12X20 Photowarehouse FP4+ clone film and suspect that the curl may be accencuated by the direction of the cut.

In any event I am very happy to know that you are able to use the Efke film without cutting it down. That would have been a major hassle.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon