Hi all! So zines are trending for photo and other creative types right now it seems. I was looking into print services and as I was contemplating getting a zine concept to put together using my current film archive I thought to myself how sad it would be to have my film photos printed digitally especially since I recently came into a full darkroom setup. Then I wondered if anyone has ever just made a zine from darkroom prints. I know the process may be slower and more tedious but it seems like it may be possible to just make a zine by enlarging on a page one or several negatives and then repeating the process to construct all the pages. My first question is has anyone done this before? And my second question is, is there a way to take the prints and bind them into a book form of some sorts? Probably the easier way to do a page layout of multiple images is to do contact prints. Would I be able to mix contacts and enlarged images on a single sheet? I'm curious to hear anyone's input or experience on this matter. I'm a bit green as far as the darkroom goes so I'm guessing there may be a reason this isn't done ie: print paper might not be ideal for turning into pages that face each other and come into contact with one another. Also is there photo paper that is double sided? My guess is no. Is digital yet again the necessary evil in this case?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk