I'm surprised by the opera lovers. Constantly. Sadly, some say opera lovers are born and not made. Personally I'm of the latter (tending more to prefer music less ostentatious in its presentation... unless we're talking Duke Ellington), but respect those whose taste may vary from my own. In part, I think an appreciation of art extends beyond our own tastes and preferences (likes) to at least intellectually appreciate those works which we might find less appealing to ourselves.

But to round out an earlier comment on Mozart, I once read that until Mendelson, Mozart was quickly (and errantly) forgotten. And yes, most photos and photographers are quickly forgotten. Ansel Adams excepted, few remember the others of f64. If Large Format is to photography as a Bach cello suite were to a symphony, then what is anyone to make of our photos any way, and why do we care? For my part, I think we have to acknowledge that on one very critical level - no one cares much beyond "like" or not, and a photo has to stand on its own.