Hello. My name is Ştefan (Shtefan, Steven, Stephen) and I'm from Romania. I'm passioned about fotography since I was a kid. I had some kind of fascination for large format cameras up around the age of 13. In a park from Bucharest it was an old man who had a folding large format camera which he used to take pictures of people who wanted to have a pictures (I don't think he had many customers).
For a lot of time I was only compact cameras. Because "why if you do have everything at a touch of a button to complicate with other things" (meaning make manual set-ups at S.L.R. cameras - my dad had one- my parents are divorced for a long time). That's up untill around year 2002, when I got my 1st more serious camera, a 1961 Soviet made "Zorki" 4... (rangefinder camera); it gave me another view over photography. I did still used for some times the compact camera, because I dind't have a separat flash unit.
The most annoing event with a compact camera and a flash: a museum event, when I took pictures from a few meters away, no much light, so dark pictures... otherwise I did get images.

Currently I don't own any medium or large format camera thah I can use. I do have a box (compact) camera for medium format, but as I sayed, I'm done with film compact camera
s.
This is my stroy in short.With one last mention: I do like a lot of things older then me (I'm 38 years, 1 month and 3 days old).