@Greg: thank you! That’s a nice story. I had this one lying on a shelf for a couple of years as well and was in the process of selling it, ultimately freeing up some space and decluttering my „collection“ (hoard would say it better) of things I wanted to restore as soon as I got the time. I put my whole 5x7 gear on my living room table and remembered the time I put in buying and selling bits and parts to get this set and what I originally had planned to do. I thought I might as well get everything cleaned and in working order to maximize the value... it only took me three days to realize I wouldn’t be able to let it go any time soon.

@Bob Salomon: thank you for the advice! Calming my impatience is the biggest struggle I have to overcome to achieve the best of my capabilities when I‘m working on restorations. Luckily enough this shutter already was marred up and the nails I used in my contraption are pretty soft. It’s safe to say I didn’t worsen anything. I already put the Rodenstock lens wrench on my wishlist though.

@LabRat: the build quality of the Linhofs really is out of this world. Considering one is handling a well used 65 years old camera and after a thorough clean and lube everything works as smoothly as one could wish for... try that with an Iphone.
Also that many of the parts are interchangeable within decades is stunning. I was super happy when I found out the new back would fit with absolutely no issues.

I don’t know how many years are between the two backs