Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
HMG, my design is using the original heads, so I can do color as well - at least in theory as I still haven't tested the actual workability of this. His solution is just an app for use on any device using the screen and backlight, and I can tell you my design will provide 50% higher resolution than the newest iPhone, as an example. The thing about this type of usage is that the only thing that matters is the resolution of the screen, and so therefore a tablet is no different than a phone if their resolution is the same - except a typical tablet will need the equivalent of a 5x7 or 8x10 enlarger (or camera) to make prints.

Another person did this with a tablet and did contact prints. This is another option, but IMO comes with other issues.

With the usage of some other tech, I am actually aware of a way to retrofit an even better digital enlarger than the DeVere product but the design, prototyping, and manufacture is firstly over my head and secondly not likely to have enough demand to warrant its development. It's a niche use-case.
Bryan,

I expressed interest but you had no interest in sharing. Otherwise I have experience with most of that, too bad.

C