Thread: Linhof Master Technika and focusing with Fujinon 75mm f.8

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Linhof Master Technika and focusing with Fujinon 75mm f.8

Hullo everybody.
    I bought a Linhof Master Technika after being practising a lot with a Sinar F. The lens I used was a Fujinon 75mm f.8.
    While the rail of Sinar F is one piece / continuous one and I could focus the Fujinon lens quite well my surprise was focusing same lens with Linhof MT. As everybody knows here very well Linhof MT has 2 pairs of rails: a) the longer positioned on the drop bed front, b) the shorter rail *inside* the body of camera.
    My surprise was when I realized that the lens board of the 75mm would focus Infinity Distance (∞) only at 3 mm (metric) / 0,11811 ((imperial) away from the end of inner rail. Very uncomfortable - if the moving of the lens board is not precise the lens board falls from rail.
    I read the original Manual from Linhof where is clearly said - at page 17 - that for 75mm and 90mm lenses *the upper rail (drop bed) must be positioned next to inner rail inside the camera)*. I did it but still there is a little gap between the two rails - making Infinity focusing with 75 mm very unpleasant and probably not accurate.
    Any advice on this ? Did I operate not properly something ? I'm thinking to mount the 75mm lens on recessed board so - if my calculations are correct - I can move the Infinity Focus focal plane backward - more inside the rail and the Camera - making so Infinity focusing with 75mm a little easier.

Thank you for any suggestion.

Happy New Year to all from Rome.
    Last edited by CHELLM; 27-Dec-2020 at 13:36. Reason: typos