Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't sell to "Delaware" without looking at the address

Re: Don't sell to "Delaware" without looking at the address

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Try using that one if a dispute arises with the buyer making a claim of some sort.
    Ebay often does not stand by the sellers.
    I have, and they did. Once the item is reshipped, the seller is off the hook.

I always search the address and look at photos of the delivery address. Just looking at the photo’s of the delivery address can be scary enough to not ship. There was a DE address I refused to ship to because there was no signage on the building and there was grass growing in the parking lot. A search on the address I could not confirm to whom I was shipping to. I also don’t ship if they ask to changed the delivery address from the confirmed address.

As to the original subject, if you read the link it’s about the ‘same zip code’ scam. In that example the seller was scammed. I have been scammed as a buyer by the same scam. I lost the dispute because the tracking said it was delivered and the shipping company will not share the address information that the package was delivered to. They would only confirm the town it was delivered to. The buyer protection is useless. They then remove the negative feedback so I could not even warn other buyers or sellers.

Always check the sellers reviews and be extra cautious with buyers and sellers with negative reviews or too few reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OKAROB View Post
    I always search the address and look at photos of the delivery address. Just looking at the photo’s of the delivery address can be scary enough to not ship. There was a DE address I refused to ship to because there was no signage on the building and there was grass growing in the parking lot. A search on the address I could not confirm to whom I was shipping to. I also don’t ship if they ask to changed the delivery address from the confirmed address.
    If selling through ebay, it can be difficult to justify cancelling a sale because you don't like the delivery address. Though I suppose you could claim another reason. As to confirmed addresses on paypal, I agree.

As to the original subject, if you read the link it’s about the ‘same zip code’ scam. In that example the seller was scammed. I have been scammed as a buyer by the same scam. I lost the dispute because the tracking said it was delivered and the shipping company will not share the address information that the package was delivered to. They would only confirm the town it was delivered to. The buyer protection is useless. They then remove the negative feedback so I could not even warn other buyers or sellers.

Always check the sellers reviews and be extra cautious with buyers and sellers with negative reviews or too few reviews
    My first thought was that tracking clearly shows the address but you're right. Both USPS and Fedex ground just showed the town and zip code.

While it's true that a shipper won't tell you where an item is delivered, it may be possible to get a document from them stating that it was NOT delivered to you, which eBay will accept if you appeal the case. You can also file with PayPal, if you paid through them, and with your credit card company, if you paid with CC (which is highly recommended).

As someone said before, for Russia there is no better deal at the moment, in 2-3 weeks I receive the parcel.
    I have used it in this and others forums as well auction site.

25 minute drive from me. Would be interesting to check out the address.
    Still shooting film in Dover, DE USA.
    www.stillshootingfilm.com

I just checked my address, there is a nice house in a suburb area.