Hello.

After trying all sorts of digital cameras and lenses and processes, all to put off what I knew was coming, I’ve arrived at the point where I want to go back to analogue. But if that’s going to happen, I want to go properly back to analogue. More than 35mm, probably more than 120. I keep being drawn to 5x4, and since I’ve found direct positive paper I’ve become hooked on the idea.

But cameras, lenses, backs. I’m lost! What I know is that I want to shoot direct onto paper, but also like the idea of the Lomo Instax Graflok back that’s coming.

I think the Lomo back limits me to 5x7, but I do love the idea of printing 8x10. I can’t imagine what that must feel like. That may be a future step up.

I don’t know where to look at with regards to cameras, lenses, or backs. Do most cameras have Graflok backs? Are there any UK shops you’d suggest, or is anyone here selling? I’m in no great rush, but keen to start. I’m happy to wait for the right gear.

All help appreciated. Feel free to point me at reading material, I’m happy to research.