Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
I'm not sure what you guys are even talking about anymore. Sounds complicated.
Then it might pay to pay attention. Get the right Chamonix F2, and there is no problem with this...just a single knob in the back for focus -- geared movement, pretty sweet. My Chamonix 11x14 has it..my 5x7 and 8x10 have the type Alan has. The F2 is a semi-unique design and has its pros and cons.

The F2 set-up will be a little longer with its unique complication -- attaching the front standard to the camera base. It is the same style as my Chamonix 11x14...and the more traditional style (such as my Zone VI 8x10 and an older Eastman View 11x14) seem to be easier and quicker to set-up and tear-down. However, I have not set-up a F2, so the smaller scale, relative to the 11x14, might make it a easier job with the F2.

I would love a 5x7 of Alan's type of camera, but they don't have one that does both vert and hort 5x7. Quick set-up. Lens stays on the camera. One would think with all these models, one of them would be 'perfect'.

I prefer working with axis tilt, front and back, but I also work with rear base tilt -- one just adjusts to one's tools. I can easily live with it on the 11x14...but if I had had a choice. The F2 has base and asymmetrical tilts in the back. Seems overly complicated for general landscape, but most likely useful for something.