I've used a popup camper since 1986 and in all these years have found it to be a royal pain. It is great with kids if you intend to stay in one place for several days. The last trip I used it, and possibably the last time I will ever use it, was in 2004. My wife and I took a two week trip to the southwest pulling it with a Chevy Astro van. Pulling a trailer bouncing over all the rough roads makes the ride in the pulling vehicle much less comfortable. Finding a place to park both the vehicle and the trailer close to where you wish to photograph is always a problem. I did get a great round of applause at Mt. Rushmore several years ago when I parallel parked the trailer and our Chevy Suburban I had, really impressed my three sons when people started telling them how great a drive I was. Anyway, my favorite vehicle for camping and photography is an S-10 pickup with a camper shell. I sometimes take a tent if the weather is going to be hot as it allows more air flow than the camper. I will turn 60 this month and although the body is not as young I still find camping in secluded spots with no facilities to be the best way to go. One very important thing is to do your research on the locations your are going to. In the southwest it was very difficult to find good camping locations, mostly there was only RV parks right on the main roads and they cost nearly half what a motel would cost. The real gem was Canyon deChilly campground, free. P.S. Anyone want to buy a cheap 20 year old popup?