Thanks alm for your replies, they are tremendously helpful to me, even though I realise some of you may find them repetitive. I expect that I will mostly be using b&w film, so I can live with the limited options on colour film.

I am currently looking into “light” monorails, as I find I will probably get most value for money with those, and as I am young and therefore should be able to walk a bit with one despite of the added weight, and because I will most likely mostly be using the camera for indoor portraits.

With that in mind, I would like to hear your opinions on the Sinar f2 and the horseman L45 which are the main contenders at the moment, provided you do not have better suggestions. I find it difficult to find out if it is possible to mount 5x7 backs on those two though, which i will probably want to do once I know the basics. I am also finding it difficult to find out what a good price for either of those would be?

I have also looked at the Arca Swiss F and discovery, as well as the Toho VX125, but those will probably be more expensive than what I am willing to pay at the moment.