Thread: (possibly) taking the large jump

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

(possibly) taking the large jump

Hi all,

I am quite new here, though I have been reading these forums for quite some time. Now I have almost made the decision to take the plunge into large format, even though I am still undecided in regard to all equipment. I currently (and will continue) shoot 135 film on an M5, and enjoy developing on my Focomat V35 once in a while

I am so lucky to have a baby on the way Unfortunately, as I live in a rather small apartment, this means that I have to scale down a bit on my photo equipment, which again means that I am trying to sell my enlarger However, If i do take the plunge into large format, I am contemplating buying the intrepid enlarger as an (probably inferior) replacement for this. While I realize that this enlarger is a bit more difficult to work with, I find that the smaller size might make it worth it as I do not have a permanent darkroom and only develop 2-3 times a year (probably less in the coming years - partly due to the enlarger being moved to a friends basement) My problem is that I have not really been able to find any reviews or elaborate opinions on it. Do any of you know anything about it - is it worth getting for my limited use, or should i just rent my way into a darkroom once in a while?

Also, after I figure the enlarger question out I hope you can help me choose what else get along with it
    Last edited by ulf bech; 3-Nov-2020 at 05:15.