Is anyone using Clayton P20 Plus? I recently got a bottle of P20 Plus paper developer to try out but have strange things going on. To start with, the bottle says it's highly concentrated but recommends a mix of one part developer to 4 parts water. This seems very strong to me and I know that the older P20 developer was 1:7, and other developers I'm used to is 1:9. Then when trying to develop my prints, the developer seems to work faster the longer the print is in the tray. Nothing much is visible for the first minute or so, then the image starts to come up, but if I leave the print in the tray too long, the whole print turns dark very quickly. I tried putting unexposed paper in the developer - at 90 seconds the paper started to show signs of a little gray tone, but at 2 minutes, the paper was all much darker gray.

I've never had this problem before. I was able to get a couple of decent prints in my session, but that's only because I apparently pulled the paper out of the tray at just the right time. At this point, this developer isn't working consistently enough to keep using it. Am I doing something wrong here?

Note that I've also sent a note into Clayton to see what they say.