Too many close calls with lightning on this end. When I was about 8, a friend and I were walking up our road to get home. Bolt struck the road in front of us. Never heard a rumble of thunder, only sensed that something had just happened. Have seen trees closer than 100 feet to me struck by lightning... The trees were no match for those bolts of lightning. One time I was rock climbing with a friend. As I was seconding the climb, A storm closed in within seconds and a bolt hit the ground beneath us. My partner told me that he had never seen me climb so fast up the cliff to finish the climb. When we both were at the top, we saw St Elmo's Fire. Threw our metal climbing gear onto the ground and ran for a ditch. Ironically not another bolt of lightning happened and the storm was over in about a minute. On a commercial party boat in Chesapeake Bay three of us were on the top deck when a thunderstorm blew in. Our hair stood on end and we nearly dove into the stairwell. I have photographed lightning before but the covered camera was on a tripod and I was in my car. Released the shutter with a wireless control. One time a bolt bounced off the back of the car. About 15 years ago saw first hand the bodies of 2 people who were struck and killed by lightning. The were part of a group of people sheltering under an opened sided shelter on a golf course. Rest of the group were completely unharmed. So it's been my experience that lightning is completely unpredictable. My way of having the camera on a tripod about 40 feet away from me sheltering in a car is the only way to go, but haven't done that in more than 20 years.