I have had a century 8A for ages but never had more than a home made (foam core and foam core+waxed paper ) 11x14 back for it. It's worked great, but I figure I might try something new.
A few years ago I picked up an Empire State hoping the backs could be used interchangeably with the 8A, you know, thinking the manufacturer would have thought " why make more than one back for the handful of 11x14 cameras we make", but I was wrong. I was thinking of making an adapter out of stiff, dense, corrugated cardboard from a UHaul wardrobe.
I know I can have camera builders extraordinaires Mr Ritter in VT or StarCamera CO in NJ make me a top notch one, and who knows I may go that route eventually, but I'm a tinkerer and wanted to attempt to make one myself.
Materials I can get ahold of would be corrugated cardboard ( as mentioned ) or maybe some basswood or hobby wood from one of the big box hardware stores or a local hobby shop. I have a Dremel ( with drill press stand (I think if I can find it ) and miter box from my architectural model building days. I don't have a jig (yet?) for making dovetail joints. I figure I need a major distraction these days and this might be it.
Any suggestions on how to glue corrugated cardboard together or can I treat it like wood, or use pins? Will it not be stable enough fiddling around with a film holder? should I ditch the paper products and go right to the wood ? How would you suggest attaching the camera back to the adapter so it can be REMOVED and I can use it on both cameras ? Anyone have a Delorean DMC-12 so I can go back to 1903 and suggest to Century they should use the same back on both cameras ?

Thanks for your suggestions!
John