Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repairing Zone VI Enlarger

Re: Repairing Zone VI Enlarger

You will have to at some point in time. The chain has UV inhibitors in it but most fail where the enlarger is used the most. Cold lights put out a fair amount of UV light. Also age is a factor.
    Richard T Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRitter View Post
    You will have to at some point in time. The chain has UV inhibitors in it but most fail where the enlarger is used the most. Cold lights put out a fair amount of UV light. Also age is a factor.
    I suppose I should buy the parts. I bought these two enlargers from someone that didn't do much with them. I use my Beselers for 95% of what I do. I must say that the Zone VI VC heads are wonderful, I have one on one of my Beseler 4x5 units as well. I use Metrolux II timers. I've never had any trouble with the heads, but as I've said they are like new. The Zone VI enlarger is a really great unit. The 8x10 carrier is such a joy to work with compared to glass carriers.

And yes those cold lights must be rich in UV because the print times are quite nearly perfect, not slow, and not so fast you are hurried.

45er

There is bound to be a solution to this where you can replace tracks and cog for a large toothed rack and driving gear which would be more of an "upgrade" rather than a "replacement", for a fraction of the cost.

28 years ago when the enlarge was designed this was the best way to go. Plus it was what the boss wanted.
    Richard T Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net