OP, you identified yourself as a physicist. Bad move.

Do you remember the SSC that was never built? The magnets were to be powered by homopolar generators. Six of them, if I recall correctly. The physicists who designed the SSC designed them too, sent their designs out for bids. The company my father worked for was asked to bid. He was responsible for the proposal. Turns out that the designers had optimized everything, including bearings and fasteners (nut and bolts, mainly). My father calculated that the project budget would cover the cost of making one (1) generator because all of the bearings and fasteners were custom and, therefore, very expensive. He spent more time convincing the physicists that standard bearings and fasteners, chosen to be no worse than the optimal ones they' designed, would make the six generators needed fit inside their budget than on the rest of the proposal. My father was an engineer, ChemE actually, not MechE. He complained bitterly to me about theorists' ignorance of, um, reality.

You're overthinking the problem. Get a color meter, pick an E6 emulsion or several and processing protocol and then go out and test. Measure the color temperature, shoot, process and decide whether the results are tolerable. Repeat under different circumstances, and especially repeat the measurements to find out how variable conditions really are. Then you'll know enough to decide whether a set of CC filters is worth the bother and expense.