I'm rather dense and I plod along, however, a suggestion or two by fellow forum members may "enlighten" me. I'm dealing with a old LF Scovill field camera and fabricated custom cut Rochester holders 6 1/2 X 8 1/2) to accommodate to the camera back---and the deal is "light leaks". I'm trying to identify whether: 1. the bellows leaking light on film, 2. the holders leak light on the film---(film in this case is 5x7) and or both. I'm in the testing stage now and film is being "exposed" at this time.

Presently, the testing done at this point shows "light damage" to the negative on processed film, approx 8 sheets of film---be it bellows or film holder. Presently, I have a test---a film holder, with film, in camera with its "slide" pulled out, bellows extended, and lens cap on rear & front on. Need to process this one sheet of film when the "soup" will be available.

Based on the limited info above, what suggestions would you have re: the identification of light leaks--be it bellows or film holders?

Raymond