Hello All,

I'd appreciate some info and advice from people who've used Chamonix 4x5 cameras, please.

The Chamonix F-2 is appealing in design and cost, and I'm looking to find a lighter weight camera for field work than the Cambo SC monorail I've taken out of the studio.

As a field camera, I recognize the F-2's movements will be more limited than a monorail, and wonder if Chamonix users have found this to be an impediment when shooting, say, buildings and trees?

I also wonder which lens board people use if they need a recessed one, as Chamonix don't seem to offer one? And do people find a wide angle bellows is useful/needed for the F series?

And, if someone would like to delve into how "the base and asymmetrical tilts of the rear standard. . .makes the camera much easier to use when applying the Scheimpflug principle in compositions involving landscape and architecture photography" ~ that would be awesome : )

My current lenses are Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm F6.8, Fujinon W 125mm F5.6, and Caltar II-N 210mm F5.6.
I print up to 24 x 28.

Thank you for your time!

David