Greetings LF community,

By way of introduction:
I have been photographing for well over 30 yrs. I started in 35mm and worked for a small newspaper shooting a lot of b/w as well as running the darkroom. I ventured into studio photography a decade or so ago primarily shooting digital where I shoot artists' work for reproduction for everything from web to monographs. In addition, I am working on personal projects which can be seen on social media @LiaRoozendaal. My digital cameras are 42MP which allow me to print images up to 26x17 inches. I am working on a personal project hoping to print up to 60". That brings me to looking into LF film. (I cannot afford a Phase One that can handle that size printing . I am considering an 8x10 monorail camera and scanning the negatives. After some research (Dan Burkholder, among a few others). I understand that for an 8x10 a high quality flatbed scanner works great but that for a 5x4 the resulting file becomes somewhat marginal in quality at larger print sizes and I would have to send the negatives out to be drum-scanned. I am wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction re: camera and lenses and where to look for them.

LF beginner questions:
1) Since I will using the LF camera in the studio only, so I am looking at used monorail cameras such as Sinar, Horseman, and Linhof. It looks like the Sinar Norman is a well-liked camera with loads of options including an option to reduce it to a 4x5 which makes it very attractive as I may want to shoot 4x5 in the future. I am not invested in any brand but I do want a good camera that can work straight out of the box, no light leaks in the bellows or adjustment knobs/rails that need fixing kind of thing. Where to buy? I am not sure large auction sites are the way to go as I am unfamiliar with what to ask and look for. My thought is to either find a reputable LF camera dealer or a site like this where enthusiastic/serious photographers sell their equipment. Thoughts on cameras and pointers to dealers or other sites like this selling LF equipment are much appreciated.

2) Lenses: I understand that for 8x10 a 300mm lens is roughly a 35mm - 50mm lens equivalent and 4x5 (150mm). But that is as far as I got. I am getting confused by so many of the different type of lenses, copal options (lens boards) and which lenses have the ability to connect to strobe flashes (imperative for my studio shooting).

3) List of things I need:
• Camera - which one and what to look for considering my needs?
• Lens + Correct lens board Copal #0, #1, #2, #3. How does that relate to the lens opening and image circle reaching the edges of the film?
• Film holders (with dark slide): should they be new or are used okay if in good shape?
• Loupe - a favorite brand or type?
• Cable release - are there brands to get or avoid?
• Film - best places to buy (is Amazon reliable or are there small shops online I should consider?)
• Light meter - I have a Sekonic L-358 (no-spot) which I think would work fine, correct?
• Am I missing anything (I have tripods)

Budget: is 3-4k a reasonable budget to get started For camera, lens or two, at least two film holders and misc?

I am located in the SF bay area. Any LF photographer who can point me in the right direction locally is very much appreciated.

A great big thank you for your thoughts,
Lia