I have a Calumet Elite 2400 power pack. I hadn't used it for a while, so I decided it was time to re-form the capacitors. I had plugged it in to let it charge, planning to every so often trigger it on low power, increasing the power and frequency over time. Well... I had it sitting charging overnight, and it tripped the circuit breaker. When I re-set the circuit breaker and turned it back on, I heard a series of loud pops come out of it, and the circuit breaker tripped again. I would assume that, given what happened, that some if not all the capacitors have blown. Fortunately no foul-smelling green smoke.

Question one - does anyone know of a repair source for this pack?

The last time I had one of these go bad, Calumet was still in business, so the source for getting it serviced was obvious. As this model was already out-of-production for several years, they had to send it to Germany to get it repaired. It was around $500 to get it fixed then. I'm not sure if it's worth repairing, given the circumstances, but if it can be done, I'd like to get a quote on repairing it to help me make the decision.

Question two - if the pack cannot be repaired, should I buy another one of the same, or should I look at transitioning away from the system to something else?

I can get a used Profoto Acute2 2400 pack and a head for around the same money as I can get some more used Calumet Elite gear. I am concerned that given the two Calumet Elite packs I have, one has been repaired already (seems to be working fine), and now the second one needs repair, so would I be investing money in something that is going to cost me a lot more, potentially quite soon. I would be concerned about doing the same with a pre-owned Profoto pack (with the exception that it should still be easy to get repaired). Or would I be better served by saving my pennies and getting something brand new, like the Godox AD1200 pro pack/head? It isn't as powerful, but it offers modern options of TTL for my digital camera and HSS, among other things. But it's going to cost me twice what I would have to spend on a used setup.