Quote Originally Posted by mani View Post
Thanks for the help Rod. I managed to ring Arca Swiss using the number posted by Emmanuel, and spoke to a very friendly and helpful person there.

I then sent the front standard and function carrier, and according to PostNord it arrived yesterday morning but I haven’t heard anything more yet.
I’m hoping the upgrade can be squeezed in before the vacations in August, when the factory closes for the month.

To be honest I’m also still curious about the small grey retaining clips as a spare part - they seem to be a weak point in the overall very sturdy construction of the system. A broken or damaged clip pretty much disables the entire camera until fixed.
Mani,
These retainers are very difficult to set correctly. Frankly I have never, after nearly 20 years of use had one break. And my cameras have endured all kinds of climate. I have had my cameras in antarctica, China, the American Southwest(Arizona)

And Sweden, France and Germany in Europe. So pretty rare to have a problem with the retainers and also requires some training and special tools to properly install.

Just some info for you.