Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: capacitors and flashbulbs?

capacitors and flashbulbs?

Is it any wonder, since the Contax designer, Hubert Nerwin, also designed the Combat Graphic I have and enjoy many of his Zeiss Ikon camera designs - browsing the page below, I suppose I should add a Tenax II to round out the collection.

http://www.zeisshistorica.org/Nerwin.html

list includes - Contax II/III, Tenax II, folding Contessa, Contax IIA/IIIA, Contax S (worlds first pentaprism SLR), etc etc. Man was a genius.

I will do what you suggest, Don. Thanks. I have test lamps, and am just plain lucky to have cases of real flashbulbs. In turn for your help, and in the original spirit of the net, let me know if I can send you some. My address is under the 'jj' above.

Mike, that's a great link! Others might look to www.zeisshistorica.org/Nerwin%20cameras.html (scroll down) or jump to the camera in question via www.zeisshistorica.org/Images/combatgraphic.jpg

What is not apparent there is how very large the camera is. If this were a MF forum, I would post an illustration that better shows scale.

Thank you, everyone.

JJ, the only flash I own that uses screw base bulbs fits an Ansco Pioneer 620; I wouldn't *dream* of burning one of those huge bulbs for that camera. Even bayonet bulbs are far more light than I need for any reasonable purpose; I do fine with AG-1 and M2/M3. Thanks for the offer though -- I would be interested in seeing results if you ever manage to use the camera (perfed 70 mm is getting hard to find, I hear, and cassettes more so). My e-mail is linked from my name, too.

Yeah, scale is tricky, you just have to remember it's like a Contax blown up 2x for the 70 mm film. That'd make it bigger than my Moskva-5, more like a fixed-lens version of a 2x3 Speed...
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

To put the off-topic thing in scale, Mr. Qualls. Howzat for a rangefinder?