Hi

Long time lurker first (I think) time poster. Thank you for any instructions offered.

If someone could help with detailed instructions on setting up this Durst 138S I have. At this point it's mostly still in boxes, and of course,
not broken down into the 4 or 5 generally accepted and referenced sections

I've spent the last 4 or 5 days searching online for info that goes further than: "insert lower column with supporting arm attached", or,
"there are safety issues associated with the springs". **OK. what should I never touch?**

I'm attaching a picture of my supporting arm and clamping sleeve. The sleeve is held tight against the arm by its cable and its close to immovable. I'm thinking it's necessary
to loosen the cable in order to attach the sleeve to the lower column after the support arm is attached? I've de-gunked the lower column, the inside
of the base, the insides of the support arm and clamping sleeve, got the column in the base and then, after reading through the user and service manualsl, realized
uh...you need help *lmao*

Also...the head is not attached to the upper column - I'm sure it's not just a matter of popping it on is it?

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. I live in a totally rural area and the closest (100 miles) source of possible help would be an ebay
seller who sells Durst parts and I don't know if they're just a reseller or have any knowledge of the enlarger.

Thanks again, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	138S-Carrier-Arm.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	204910

Jan