Having ordered everything needed to start making tintypes (or more precisely, alumitypes), I'm now waiting impatiently for everything to arrive by COVID-19-affected mail.

I'm starting with a Kodak 2D 8x10 camera, but I'll be shooting 4x5 plates for while, to get the hang of things.
To that end, I'm waiting on an 8x10/4x5 reducing back for the 2D.

I have a few Tessars (f/4.5) for 4x5 and a Wollensak Vesta for 8x10. I'd like to have a Petzval for 4x5, so if you have one, or suggestions on one, let me know.
The B&S kit just arrived yesterday, so chemicals are a go.
I'm going to use a converted Graflex pack film holder to shoot full-size 4x5 plates.
Beakers, a scale and a dark box are also on the way, and I've been re-reading Quinn's 2014 version of "Chemical Pictures" for reference.
Finally, the 108 4x5 aluminum plates I ordered from Lund should arrive tomorrow.
My only remaining problem is a visiting mother in-law, who would disapprove of this with my daughter around, so I have to wait until she goes back home (couple days - max, I'm told).

I started this thread so I could document my experiences, for better or worse, as I go through the learning process.
It's open to any and all commentary, advice, suggestion, and vicarious shenanigans. Hopefully, the experts will pipe up at the most needed times.
No cheap shots, please. I'm far too easy a target.

It's also open to anyone who's charting a parallel course, and starting out in wet plate photography. It'd be great to compare and see what we're getting right and/or wrong.

So let's see where this goes!