Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Linhof Technika 4x5 Timeline...

Re: Linhof Technika 4x5 Timeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Embdude View Post
    It is quite a fine magazine! and I believe the books are from Karpf through Grosbild (translated to Large Picture in English) as well. Bob did you attend the Photokinas' and hob-knob with Karpf and his team? As the US distributor I imagine you must have been the biggest market for Linhof.
    We,went every other year and met with all,of our suppliers,plus any possible future suppliers. Both at the exhibit hall and before the show opened for breakfast meetings, after it closed for dinner meetings or late night drinks. Each exhibitor had their own kitchen inside their booth for lunch. Kaiser had menus and order cards at each table.

No Bob, not a 220

Below on eBay but 6X9 aka 2X3, bought on this forum in VGC mit perfect bellows

Hard to even find a picture of it!

https://www.google.com/search?q=1964...47561881902408

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    You mean that you have the Linhof 220, the one with the old Rollei pistol grip built-in?

If so, it was one of the first 67 cameras, not 69.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    We,went every other year and met with all,of our suppliers,plus any possible future suppliers. Both at the exhibit hall and before the show opened for breakfast meetings, after it closed for dinner meetings or late night drinks. Each exhibitor had their own kitchen inside their booth for lunch. Kaiser had menus and order cards at each table.
    Man that must have been great! You must have some great stories. Did you need to brush up on your German for a Photokina or could one get by with English?

Tin Can - The Linhof Color 23 from about 1958...

Man that must have been great! You must have some great stories. Did you need to brush up on your German for a Photokina or could one get by with English?
    All exhibiters at major industry trade shows speak English. Non German exhibitors may hire translators for their booths.
    Most, if not all, German business people are fluently multi lingual.

One trip I went for dinner at the home of the Linhof Export Manager in Bavaria. He had a very comfortable recliner set up in front of the TV. Next to that chair was a pile of novels that he was reading.
    The various books were in German, English, French and Spanish and he was reading them all.

You would have a very hard time finding Americans that can do that. But it is common overseas.

The daughter of the owner of the Giottos factory is Taiwanese. She married a Chinese camera store owner in Vancouver, BC.
    She speaks Taiwanese Chinese, Cantonese Chinese, English, Japanese, German all fluently.

Thank you!

At one time, early last decade I told myself 'stay away from Linhof' obviously I don't listen to myself...mumble...

Tin Can - The Linhof Color 23 from about 1958...
    Tin Can

Right, the Technika “on a stick!”- I have had my eye out for the 6x9 version, but have not come across the bargain I would need to add it to the stable. I have the early and later versions in 4x5. I know I’m shallow, but I really like the way they look. The 220 as well, but they seem the be for the collectors now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Thank you!

At one time, early last decade I told myself 'stay away from Linhof' obviously I don't listen to myself...mumble...
    1961 Color 23 Manual here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50...NDSldqVzQ/view

Generally prices kept me away from Linhof... I finally found a wreck but intact Technika III and was able to completely restore it on my own... I love these cameras and find them very enjoyable to work on...

Thank you twice! downloaded

I have used Technika Tele Xenar 360 in studio with top hat lens board and shorter

DDS not roll film

In case you missed it, below my big Linhof and 5X7 kit

and I wish I could find a Gigant for it

I don't think any Gigant survived, too complected with hydraulics and wiring...

Linhof Kodak 405 (1) by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Linhof 5X7 Case by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

1961 Color 23 Manual here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50...NDSldqVzQ/view

Generally prices kept me away from Linhof... I finally found a wreck but intact Technika III and was able to completely restore it on my own... I love these cameras and find them very enjoyable to work on...
    Tin Can

Here is a special Linhof Technika 23... maybe it belonged to 007...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23507204_1731627010214871_6806983351195402240_n 2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	204996